Coronavirus Information and Precautions
This situation is evolving rapidly as new information becomes available. We will update this page as quickly as possible if our policies and procedures change due to updates from CDC, CMS, CDPH and local health departments.
We are currently creating plans to thoughtfully and carefully begin the process of getting to a post COVID-19 “normal”.
This process is anything but easy. While some states may be reopening businesses, schools, and recreational opportunities based upon geography, community spread, and trends, multi-level retirement communities like ours (with Independent Living and Assisted Living), will have a different reopening schedule because we care for older adults who are most vulnerable to COVID-19.
Throughout this process we will continue to follow and maintain compliance with all CDC guidelines as well as mandates for all state and local health departments while balancing resident social engagement with quality of life. The health and well-being of our residents and staff remain our top priority.
Breakfast is served as pick up service from the Dining Hall. Please make sure you practice social distancing as well as wear mask. There will be gloves provided for you for handling food items such as packets of cereal and fruit.
Lunch and Dinner are served to residents in room service style to their apartment door. Residents are responsible for turning in their menu choices by Friday afternoon for the upcoming week.
All three meals are served to each resident in their room.
- Activities – Residents in Independent and Assisted Living participate in selected activities daily, Please check your calendar for times and location of events. Residents are asked to practice social distancing and wear masks to all activity-related events.
- FaceTime – FaceTime visits for our Assisted Living residents can be arranged. Please contact Emma for more information at 843-665-9314
- Tours – During the COVID-19 restrictions, you can still make arrangements to make The Carolinian your new home. Please contact the marketing department at 843-665-9314 or 843-624-3461 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a Virtual Tour or a Front Porch tour.
Weekend and evening tours are available, please call the marketing department today.
The health and well-being of our residents, family members, and staff is of the utmost importance to us. For this reason, we are closely monitoring coronavirus (COVID-19) spread and following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). In addition to our prevention measures, we are also actively preparing our communities to provide care and support for our residents and team members for an extended period of time should a quarantine become necessary.
Many standard infection control and safety protocols are already in place as a part of our standard flu prevention plan. However, because of the risks associated with COVID-19, we are proceeding with an abundance of caution to protect our communities.
Links to CDC resource pages:
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus Situation Summary
- What you need to know about 2019 Novel Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- What to do if you are sick with 2019 Novel Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- Prevention & Treatment
Link to state health department page: